• Protesters in Minneapolis have taken control of the Minneapolis Police Department Third Precinct building
  • Witnesses say they saw MPD officers retreat from the precinct on Thursday evening following three days of heavy protests
  • Once they had control of the third precinct, protesters began attempting to light the building on fire

On the third day of unrest in Minneapolis following the murder of George Floyd, protesters managed to take control of the Minneapolis Police Department Third Precinct building. Anger is continuing to grow in the community as Derek Chauvin and the other three officers involved in Floyd’s murder have yet to be arrested.

According to witnesses, MPD officers retreated from the precinct building on Thursday evening. The building has been a focal point of heavy protests in Minneapolis as the police quickly lost control over the growing crowds. After taking control of the building, protesters began trying to light the building on fire. Unconfirmed reports claim gas lines and oxygen tanks were being used in an attempt to blow the precinct up.

Several lives showed a large number of people both inside and outside the building. Inside the Third Precinct sprinklers were flooding the rooms and just about anything in sight had been vandalized. Videos and pictures of the scene at the Third Precinct have been shared to Twitter and other social media platforms on Thursday night.

After taking control of the Third Precinct, protesters began shooting off fireworks in celebration of their victory.

Related Article

An incredibly disturbing video has caused a mass uprising in Minneapolis following the death of George Floyd. The video that has now gone viral on social media shows Officer Derek Chauvin pressing his knee into the back of Floyd’s neck as he repeatedly tells the officer he cannot breathe.

Floyd was not the only person pleading with Chauvin to let him breathe. Onlookers began pleading with Chauvin to get off Floyd’s neck as his nose began to bleed and he became unresponsive. At one point Chauvin pulled out his pepper spray as a witness began to approach him while telling him to get off of Floyd. A second officer, Tao Thao, is seen in the video blocking witnesses from approaching Floyd and refusing to tell his fellow officer to get off the subdued suspect.

Since videos of the incident went viral, four officers have been fired according to Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo. Mayor Jacob Frey said terminating the officers was the “right decision for our city.” However, the decision to fire the officers has not been enough to calm anger in Minneapolis as thousands flooded the streets on Tuesday in protest. The entire incident is deeply disturbing to watch. Chauvin keeps his knee buried deeply into the back of Floyd’s neck for nearly the entire duration of the over ten-minute video. Paramedics arrive towards the end of the video as an unresponsive Floyd is placed in the ambulance.

Continue Reading


  1. […] The people of Minneapolis clearly disagree with Freeman’s opinion on the speed of arrests. Many feel Chauvin and the other three officers are being given special treatment because they were police officers, and they are right to feel that way. It is hard to believe if a video showed four citizens killing Floyd that there would be any delay in arrests. Instead of arresting Chauvin, the Minneapolis Police Department diligently guarded his house as the city burned for the past three…. […]


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here